VALENTINE'S DAY & ROMANCE - Articles and Advice
Fun Valentines Day Gifts for Guys and the Best Valentines 2011 Ideas
By Krystle Chow
Valentine's 2011 is approaching, and while some may only start shopping last-minute, planning a really special, non-cliched Valentine's Day takes a little bit of effort! This is especially the case when you're shopping for the perfect Valentines gifts for him and you're tired of being cheesy or boring, but you have to stick to a budget. If that's the case, check out these fun budget-friendly ideas to spice up your V-day!
CREATIVE VALENTINES IDEAS FOR ALL THE MEN IN YOUR LIFE
No matter what his interests are, or whether you're trying to make it a happy Valentines for your Dad, husband, or boyfriend, here are some of the best Valentines ideas to bring a smile to anybody's face and transform a holiday that can sometimes be a bit cliched from dull to delightful.
- The way to a man's heart is through his stomach: Everybody loves a home-cooked meal, so it's hard to go wrong with this idea for V-Day! It's also less expensive than dining at a fancy restaurant. For a special finishing touch to the evening, get a fondue set like the Toastess Fondue Maker from Buy.com and enjoy some delicious chocolate fondue, or brew up a latte for your loved one with the funky Espressione Cafe Retro Espresso/Cappucino Machine from Sears.com.
- Long-distance love: If the man you love lives in a different city or country, you can still make it a special Valentines 2011 by sending email gift cards. It's also a great way to save as there are no shipping costs on online gift cards.
- Personalized presents: Incorporating your memories into a gift is always a great way to add a unique touch to your Valentines gift. For instance, if he's missing your home-cooked meals, you could put some of your favorite recipes onto an iPad for him, or put a fresh spin on the mixed tape by uploading music from fun times you've had together onto his iPod.
If you're looking instead for the perfect Valentines Day gifts for guys based on personality, check out the following gift ideas, sorted by type.
HIGH-TECH VALENTINES GIFTS FOR THE GADGET GUY
- Blu Valentine: There are a lot of portable DVD players on the market, but with Blu-ray quickly becoming the standard for movie-watching, consider getting a portable Blu-ray player for the tech guy on the go - the Samsung BDC8000 Portable 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player from TigerDirect is a terrific option, with a 10.3" screen and both 3D and Wi-Fi capabilities.
- Kinect with him: The Microsoft Kinect motion-sensing system for Xbox 360 is one of the hottest gadgets on the shelves right now, so if your guy is a big video game buff, get him the Microsoft Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect and the Kinect Adventures game, available at Kmart.com!
- Photo finish: Digital SLRs are becoming really popular as more people want to have quality photos for their blogs and for social networking, so if you're buying for a man who's a little artsy and a little high-tech, check out a camera like the Nikon D90 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR from Sears.com!
SPORTY VALENTINES DAY GIFTS FOR GUYS WITH ACTIVE LIFESTYLES
- Take a hike: If your man loves the great outdoors, help him stay warm and dry during his hikes with the North Face Atlas Triclimate Jacket from Shoebuy.com! The fleece interior jacket is removable so he can use it in multiple seasons, and it has a waterproof breathable outer shell.
- Camp out: A good, lightweight three-season tent makes for a great Valentines gift for the camping enthusiast - try something like the Texsport Phoenix Tent from Sears.com for your next romantic backpacking adventure together.
- Stay on track: Don't get lost while venturing off the beaten path - get him a GPS navigator like the Garmin eTrex Venture HC Portable Navigator, available from Mwave.com.
THE PERFECT FIT WITH STYLISH VALENTINES GIFTS FOR THE WELL-GROOMED MAN
- Off the cuff(link): Cufflinks make for elegant and classy Valentines Day gifts for guys. For a fun twist (or if you're shopping for a guy's first pair of cufflinks), try the Blue Button Mother-of-Pearl Silver Plated Cufflinks from Forzieri.com.
- Watch it! Every guy can do with a nice dress watch, and you can really make a big style impact with something like the Caravelle Men's Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch with Diamond Accent from Sears.com, which is set with eight genuine diamonds.
- Here comes the sun: Sunglasses are the perfect accessory for any man, especially if you choose a bestselling classic style like the Ray-Ban Aviator Outdoorsman Sunglasses, available at AC Lens!
For more Christmas gift ideas, check out the eBillme Valentine's page!
Krystle Chow is a writer for eBillme - the safest way to pay in cash online! She loves food, fashion and beauty, film and TV, technology and shopping. A graduate of Carleton University's Journalism program, Krystle has been reporting and blogging on technology for more than three years. You'll often find her either on the lookout for hot deals and new trends, busy keeping up with the latest and hottest shows on the big and small screens, or indulging her love of Broadway musicals. You can follow Krystle @krystlechow.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Krystle_Chow
BACK to Valentine's Day and Romance...
The Make Life Work For You Family of Helpful Websites